Thursday, July 17, 2008

Shorebirds - s/t

Shorebirds - s/t
Self Released

So far, all of the records I've posted for download have been older records that are pretty hard to track down. This meets one of those criteria. Even though this was only released last year, it seems to have flown under the radar, and a lot of people haven't paid much attention.

For those that don't know, Shorebirds consisted of ex-members of Jawbreaker and Latterman, two pretty revered bands in the punk community. Now, Jawbreaker is one of my top two bands of all time, so I was pretty interested when I heard that Chris was pairing up with the singer from Latterman, who I hated. Regardless, this is a great 7". It's more straightforward than Latterman ever was, and I find it a bit more palatable. As a whole, the lyrics are less positive and "politcal," and deal with the personal struggles of moving and moving on.

Half of the reason I upped this was because they called it quits this week, which bummed me out. I believe they have an LP recorded, and I hope that it still comes out. Until then, tide yourself over with this four song 7".

DOWNLOAD

1 comment:

Johnny Jambronski said...

Good recommendation. I dig it. Shame they broke.